Having headache, loss of energy, reduced appetite and numbness in head after waking up. What's wrong?

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
i am a forty seven year old male and have been having headaches mostly on the left side of my head for about two weeks now. They started to be mostly in my left temple area and sometimes the back but lately they are right behind my orbital ridge. I also have loss of energy and reduced appetite. During this two week period I had a stomach flu but those symptoms have subsided. Another thing is that a couple of times in the past year, I have woken up with an area on the left side of my head that would be numb but would go away when I stayed up or changed positions. Thanks.
Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 45 minutes later
I think you have a migrainous headache. But I would like to know whether you have nausea, vomiting or not or do you have any visual disturbances?
Kindly get your ESR and CRP levels checked in blood.
Because if these are deranged, you could have a rare condition called Temporal arteritis
Dr Vineet

Follow-up: Having headache, loss of energy, reduced appetite and numbness in head after waking up. What's wrong? 1 hour later
no nausea or vomiting and no visual disturbances. I just had my vision checked and have far sighteness but just given a prescription for reading glasses. I did have a fever of 100.4 as of this morning.

Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 2 hours later
Dear XXXXXX

You should get ESR (Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate) and CRP (C - reactive protein) levels checked in your blood since you are complaining of visual deterioration too to rule out temporal arteritis.

Dr Vineet