Having hallucinations and memory loss after drinking beer, what should I do?

had some beers yesterday, hours later I discovered having hallucinations & memory loss. sense of illness. could these symptoms have anything to do with drinking?
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer: it is possible Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic It is possible that these symptoms were related to alcohol intake. They are more likely as the number of drinks increase or there is a history of chronic alcohol use. There are other possible causes of acute hallucinations/memory loss such as : (1) dehydration (2)side effects of medications -opioids, steroids (3)inadequate nutrition (4)the use of other illicit drugs (5)low blood sugar (6)stroke (7)electrolyte imbalance due to poor fluid intake, vomiting, diarrhoea, excess urination (8)severe infection If the symptoms resolve then no further follow up is needed. If they recur without a history of alcohol use then you may need investigation by your doctor. This would include physical assessment and blood test to check electrolyte levels. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Follow-up: Having hallucinations and memory loss after drinking beer, what should I do? 1 hour later
thanks so much!
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 7 hours later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: you are welcome if you have any related or unrelated queries, feel free to contact