Having gas problem, skipping meals frequently and vitamin D deficiency. Feeling heavy in head, strained eyes and constantly ringing ears. Cure?

General Surgeon

I have gas problem from very long, think due to lifestyle issues as I skip meals frequently. I am a high consumer of tea and dont feel much thrust for water. I was found to be Vitamin D dificiency a year ago and I am taking Toyo 60k once a week since then.

In April, I got a throat infection but the antibiotic I was talking reacted, So I relied on betadine gargals. Since then, I have a constant numb noice in my ears. Initially I though its due to gastric proplem but its not going away.

Last week, I had serious problems sitting in front of computer due to eye strain and eye pain (especially on side of eyes below forehead). I consulted an eye specialist and she said its mainly due to dryness. I am using the drops she gave but its not going away.

Now I have a heavy head, strained eyes and constantly ringing ears. My stomach problem still remains and left knee is still recovering from Vitamin D deficiency. What should I do?
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Prevention better than cure should be the strategy

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX ! I am Dr Shareef answering your query.

On your gas problem, prevention is better than cure. To prevent this you have to be regular in your meals with its timings so far as possible. Also avoid eating from outside hotels, and carry your tiffin from home to your work place. On discussion with your treating physician go for a stool test for ova and cyst. Amebiasis being a common problem could be the cause of your gas problem. A course of anti amebic drug along with a proton pump inhibitor and a probiotic may relieve your symptoms of gases permanently. But if you continue eating from outside, then these problems will recur again. Also please avoid fried and fatty food. If the symptoms persist, then you may consult a gastro enterologist of your area for an endoscopic evaluation of your stomach and intestines.

You may continue your vit D intake as prescribed by your treating doctor.

On the ringing sensation in your ears, this could be due to blockage of the tube connecting the ear with the throat as a result of inflammation and infection of the throat in April. Possibly, the infection/inflammation is still persisting as you could not take the full treatment with antibiotics. This is not a major problem, and I would suggest you to get your ears and throat reviewed by an ENT specialist of your area, who can manage the problem well. Also try to have simple steam inhalation three times a day at home apart from the treatment from ENT specialist.

As I understand, your eyes have already been examined by an ophthalmologist, and so any problem in vision is excluded. Dryness could be due to continuous watching of the television or computer as the case may be for which the eye specialist has already given you some eye drops. However, you should try to minimize your work on computers so far as possible, and try to blink your eyes in between, and go on taking breaks on the computer work after every one hour. Apart from this you can go for some ocular exercises on consultation with your eye specialist.

I hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. Thank you for using health care magic for your health problems.