Having fissure problem and anus hole has become smaller. Increased fat. Suggest the treatment?

Excellent

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
i got a fissure problem few year back bt i did operation.bt now me of it.ury anus hole become small n stool r nt passing as much better then before.plz help me sir what n how should i cure of it nd by that problem i have increased my fat aswell.
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Clinical examination is a must for diagnosis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in.
The exact details of the previous operation for fissure are necessary. From the description which you have given it seems to be anal stenosis. The lower opening has got narrowed leading to difficulty in passing stools.
I would suggest the following
1. Proper clinical examination to scertain that there is nothing serious and to confirm the diagnosis.
2. If anal stenosis has ocurred then aoperation is required.
3. If none of the above is present and it is just a recurrent fissure in ano then a trial of conservative treatment for a week followed if required by a small surgery.
I hope this answers your doubt.

Follow-up: Having fissure problem and anus hole has become smaller. Increased fat. Suggest the treatment? 9 hours later
their is no any pain n i think no any more fissure pronlem is left the only problem is of passing of stool because due to of hole become small is their any cure of that n 1 more thing my weight is 74 kg is it gud aacording to my age

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Trial of stool softners will help.

Detailed Answer:
thanks for writing in.
I would advise you start stool softeners in view of the fact that there is some amount of narrowing of the anal opening. With regards your weight you will have to refer to standard charts to know whether the weight is optimum for your height and age.
If stool softeners do not work then general surgical consultation is mandatory.

Follow-up: Having fissure problem and anus hole has become smaller. Increased fat. Suggest the treatment? 5 minutes later
yup each n every day i m taking stool softner bt it working bt sum kind of the day sir.plz advice any gud doctor who is a experienced in ths kind og case along with a address.i want to become normal as i was in earlier time sir plz advise me what should i do

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
General surgical consultation.

Detailed Answer:
If stool softeners are not working then a general surgical consultation is a must. This will enable a proper diagnosis of the condition and thereby proper treatment.

bt i went up to my docter who oerated me as well he allways sugget me that this is nt a case of anus becume thin or small its ur stomach or lever problem because this kind of problems is nt happens is that right sir?

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound /endoscopy may help

Detailed Answer:
If the surgeon who operated upon you says that the anal opening is normal then you need not worry at all.
If it is a digestive problem the specific investigations like ultrasound need to be done to find the cause of abdominal symptoms.