Having fever and WBC 11-13. What does this indicate?

Hi, My Pcp told me that I may have 1- 4 things wrong .1) leukemia 2) Ra 3) MS 4) definitly not fibromyalgia which I was diagnosed in 2003 by a rheumatologist. Because my symtoms are fever between 101.2 - 103.7. WBC is @ 11- 13. And its been that way for 1.7 year( s).
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 2 hours later

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to help you.

Based on the symptoms of high fever and high wbc count around 11-13k, it does raises the concern about having leukemia. But their are various kind of leukemia depending upon the biopsy of the lymphnode tissue.

I would like you to have it biopsied by a surgeon and need the report from the pathologist to confirm what is going on.

About MS/RA their nothing in description of the question that can be taken in to consideration.

Nothing can be said for sure just by the high wbc count along with high temperature alone. Need more diagnostic evidence.

Hope it helps, please feel free to contact me in case of any query.