Having fatigue, anxiety and depression. CT scan showed thick stomach lining. Should I look into Parathyroid disease?
User rating for this question
I have had back discomfort for 6 month, lost 25 pound, Vitamin D level 11, my doctor put me on RX for D. I just had a Kidney infection, Urine Culture bacteria called staphaureus?I'm having fatigue, anxiety and some depression. CT Scan normal for stomach but I did have thick stomach lining. Should I look into Parathyroid disease? My calcium has never been checked.
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Evaluation Detailed Answer: If the weight loss is unintentional, then it merits thorough assessment. I see your doctor has put you on vitamin D2. When I see someone with a level of 11, I generally recommend at least 3000-5000 IU of cholecalciferol which is vitamin D3. The levels must be rechecked in a couple months to see if the supplementation is appropriate. Regarding calcium and parathyroid, it is fairly simple to get one's calcium levels checked by a doctor's order for a BMP (Basic Metabolic Panel). It would be a good idea to get it done along with other routine tests that any doctor would request in order to investigate your weight loss such as CBC TSH Free T4 ESR CMP Sometimes the hydrochlorothiazide can elevate the calcium in the blood.
People also viewed
- Is tender, swollen glands in the neck a side effect of nasacort?
- Is swelling of the feet or lower legs a side effect of protonix?
- Ct scan shows swollen stomach
- Will ct scan show pinworms
- Is skin rash a side effect of neutrogena on spot acne treatment?
- Is unusual bleeding or bruising a side effect of nitrofurantoin?
- Thyroid nodules on a 17 year old
- Will ct scan show pancreatitis
- Is upper right abdominal or stomach pain a side effect of norco?
- Ct scan shows nothing stomach still hurts
- Thyroid hormone helps salicylate sensitivity
- Thyroid and coughing a lot
- Foods to avoid after a thyroidectomy
- Prolactin level 27.5
- Will ct scan show cancer