Having ear pain and twitching sensation on eye, lips, chin, cheek and forehead. Related?

General Surgeon
For 5 months I have had eye, lips, chin, cheek and head by hairline and forehead twitching and spasms. No pain. It is mostly on the left side but it has occured a few times on my right. The spasms in my cheek seem to tighten my whole cheek and then release. It occurs every hours every day. It happens when I am at rest with no stress. It is noticiable to those around me as the twitching is quite strong. Don't know if this is related but I also have ear pain...not an ear infection. A little worried because it has been so long.
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 20 minutes later
Muscle spasms and twitching is common.
It can be caused by general fatigue ,excessive caffeine,cold,exercise,certain medications like mestinon.
Please take rest.Do not stress.
Do not take Caffeine.
Please consult a Neurologist.
Drug like Oxcarbazepine will help you.
Wish you speedy recovery.
If you have any query,i will clarify further
Follow-up: Having ear pain and twitching sensation on eye, lips, chin, cheek and forehead. Related? 7 minutes later
Thank you. What worries me is I don't have any of those things stress, don't drink any caffeine at all. Only med I take is plaquenil and synthroid.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 7 minutes later
The drug Plaquenil taking for Lupus has side effects like Muscle weakness,twitching or uncontrolled movement.
So,please stop this drug and go for another drug for Lupus with the advice of your doctor.
All your complaints will come down.
Do not worry
Wish you speedy recovery