Having dull pain in lower back while swallowing. What could this be? Due to stress?

I feel fine but when I swallow food about 3 seconds later I get a dull ache in my lower back on my right side that last for a second then disappears? Don't feel it when I drink fluids only with food. I don't feel it running or sitting around either? What could it be? Stress? I have been under a lot of stress lately at work. I feel that Iam in good health for the most part. My stomach gets upset easily with certain foods? Not sure if that could be tied to it? Thanks.
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 10 hours later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

In rare case, Gastrointestinal ulcer may represent like this so you should consult gastro enterologist to rule it out. Doctor may advise you to go for endoscopy if required.

Stomach allergies ashould not be tied to your symptoms.

Backache may also be a symptom of stress. But other physical causes including psoture problems should be ruled out.

If you are in stress, you should consult psychiatrist for detailed evaluation and management. Doctor may offer medication like sertraline, escitalopram or may advise you to go for counselling sessions.

You may also get benefit by doing stress management and relaxation exercise like breathing exercise, yoga for better control over stress.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have any query.