Having dull headache after hitting the head. Feeling tingling. Should I be concerned?

Emergency Medicine Specialist

I hit the left side of my head yesterday. It hurt at first. I did not lose consciousness. I remembered everything.
Last night, I started having a dull headache. This morning I felt tingling on the left side of my head. During the day today, I felt fine. Now, the tingling is back. Should I be concerned about this???
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 38 minutes later

Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, it seems that you had suffered from soft tissue injury.
The symptoms will take some time to get cured. I would not be concerned with it.

You can try painkillers like Ibuprofen after meals if the headache is troubling. Complete rest - both physical and mental - will speed up the recovery.

If the problem persists or if you develop new symptoms like unconsciousness, dizziness, nausea/vomiting, vision problem, nasal or ear bleeding, disorientation, difficulty in balance of body, etc, you should immediately consult Emergency Department.

I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.