Having dull ache, fatigue, tingling at the base of skull after strength training. What should I do?

1-2 days after strength training i have a dull ache, fatigue, tingling at the base of my skull/upper neck area, near my neck. What is it and what can i do?
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 40 minutes later
Hi, this is probably due to extreme training, but i sugest a consult with a neurologist. Dr. Benard Shehu
Follow-up: Having dull ache, fatigue, tingling at the base of skull after strength training. What should I do? 15 hours later
What can i do if its from extreme training?
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 29 hours later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestion below... Detailed Answer: Hi, The only treatment is physiotherapy. You can ask for a professional physiotherapist and schedule appointment. At home, I suggest to take warm-to-gradually-hot baths. In other words, fill the bathtub with warm water and little salt; then, go in. After a while, gradually fill with hot water (as you are inside the tube). Next, can ask a family or friend massaging the affected area. I usually advise my patients to do massaging with olive oil. Take some pain - killers (ibuprofen or mephenamic acid can work) up to 5 days, twice daily. While you are having pain, I suggest not to exercise; wait for some other days until you get better. Light exercises like stretching can improve your symptoms together with massaging. Keep the affected area (neck) covered with warm clothing and can use topical-analgesics containing menthol. If no improvement within a couple of days, can consult your physician and ask to prescribe myo-relaxant drug (injections). Hope it answered to your inquiry! Feel free to ask me again at the next follow up if you have more questions. Dr.Benard