Having dull ache and pressure on lower back causing nausea along with abdomen pressure, migraine and dizzy spells

Dec 2012

I've been having a dull ache and pressure on my lower back that causes me to become nauseas at times and I feel like my energy dramatically decreases I also get dull pressure on my lower abdomen at the same time, this also gives me migraines and I have dizzy spells. I've had my knees give out on me as well. What could this possibly be?
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
A likely cause is urinary tract infection (UTI)

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

Given your symptoms which are suggestive of an infectious cause, it is likely that you are having a UTI. Lower back pain is one of the symptoms of UTI especially when associated to lower abdominal pain. If frequent urination or difficulty urinating or urge incontinence then this confirms my suspicion further but the absence of wish, does not rule out UTI.
How ever, some other problems arising from the stomach such as IBS could also result in similar symptoms reason why I suggest you see your doctor for full medical exams, do some laboratory tests and if my suspicion is confirmed or ruled out, you will be able to have an appropriate medication.
At home, you can take some OTC analgesia for the migraines but that will only be temporary given that the cause has to be treated.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Do feel free to send me follow-up questions/updates.
Dr. Nsah