Having diarrhea for 2 months. Starts vomiting and gastritis. How to get cured?
User rating for this question
I have been having diarrhea for about 2 months or more everyday and sometimes I will vomit in the morning stomach acid??
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I think we're dealing with 2 issues here. One is the chronic diarrhoea ( diarrhoea>2 months) and gastroesophageal reflux disease ( causing you to vomit acid in the morning)
As far as the diarrhoea is concerned, it could be due to several causes like chronic intestinal infection ( including amebiasis, giardiasis etc); malabsorption; irritable bowel syndrome; inflammatory bowel disease; lactose intolerance or some medications as well. This needs a complete evaluation and we would need to run some tests as well. The tests would be a stool microscopy and culture; fecal fat and a colonoscopy as well.
For the gastroesophageal reflux, this occurs due to a lax band of smooth muscle at the lower end of the food pipe. This will lead to the acid in the stomach travelling back to the food pipe.
For this , I would suggest the following:
a. Have small, healthy meals through the day
b. Avoid a heavy and late dinner
c. Take Tablet Prevacid 1 tablet 1 hour before breakfast
d. Avoid excessive tea, coffee, alcohol, and smoking
Also, your anxiety is something which could be making both these conditions worse. Please try and control it with breathing exercises and yoga. You may also need some professional help.
Please speak with your physician for a workup on the diarrhoea. Its not something we should be ignoring.
Let me know if you need any more help.
People also viewed
- Black spots on 1year old baby skin
- 20 tips to manage acidity rablet
- Barking cough and rash upset stomach
- Female acne in mid 20s
- Suffering from diarrhea and gastritis
- Barretts esophagus can it cause spine pain
- How long to cure gastritis
- Excercise with barretts esophagus
- How to cure gastritis naturally
- Can barretts esophagus eat chicken patties
- Can gastritis cause diarrhea
- Day 20 and lower abdominal pain
- Vomiting and diarrhea diagnosed as acute gastritis correct diagnosis
- Pantocid 20 before or after food
- Poisoning due to barbiturates