Having diabetes and bp problem. Feeling chest pain and weakness. Taking reclimet. Suggestion?

Aug 2012

Dear Doctor Sahab Gud Evng i am having dibetis and BP but both are approx in control, on friday mid night i feel chest pain as it hapn b4 also due to having some sweets and later it remains normal, but from saturday onwards i m unable to eat anything, feels very very irritations evn to see food, i am very week and cnt take food plz help me, and if forcefully i try to take something i vomits, PRESENTLY I AM TAKING RECLIMET, PIOZ 30 & ALSARTAN am

what to eat now how to get well again what to do guide me
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 2 hours later

The reason behind your chest pain seems to be chronic on acute gastritis. But still I would suggest to rule out any cardicac problem and hence please get your ECG done and show to a good physician.
Once you rule out heart problem, you first need to take antacids like Pantoprazole 40 mg with domperidone 10 mg. This is available over the counter in the name of Pantocid-D 40 or Pantodac D 40. Take one tablet before consuming anything in the morning and another one around 6 pm in the evening.
Continue your other tablets and try to eat very bland food like curd-rice, buttermilk etc. Do not eat any raw vegetables or spicy curries. No dals (lentils) for a few days. You can have only moong dal (green gram dal) cooked without spices for a week or so. Do not eat any non-veg protein and milk, tea or coffee for next couple of weeks.
Do you also have loose stools with all these symptoms? Let me know.
Stop smoking right away if you do so.
Take your tablet Reclimet after food for 1 week. This will affect your sugars slightly but your gastric symptoms will reduce. After your symptoms subside, please go back to your routine schedule of taking the oral medications.
Drink plain water or buttermilk. But do not have any fruit juices/ cold drinks at all.
I hope you got your answer. Please get back for any further query.
Follow-up: Having diabetes and bp problem. Feeling chest pain and weakness. Taking reclimet. Suggestion? 2 days later
Maam After diagnosis we came to know that there in stone in gall bladder now wt will we do
Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 34 minutes later
Hello again.

please take her to a surgeon experienced in abdominal surgeries. He/she will let you know how serious the gall stone issue is. Small sizes of gall stones are generally ignored and do not need treatment but only observation.
But the big or multiple gall stones creating problem in local area and liver tissues are always to be surgically removed.
The surgeon will guide you further on this. Please let me know anything else you would need to know further. Take care.