Having dark circle, wearing spectacles. Recently checked eyes and changed spectacles. Cure for dark circles?

Dietitian & Nutritionist
I need this question to be answered by dietician:
I am having dark circle below my eyes for many yeares, am wearing my spectacles, i have recently checked my eyes and changed spectacles.

Can you please suggest any tips for removing this dark circle under my eyes, any home remedies to cure this would be highly appreciated

i have my eye power 2, please suggest any home remedies to improve the eye power

Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in Diet Plans
Answered by Meenakshi Attrey 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Vitamins and proper rest/ sleep cures Dark circles

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting the query.
To get rid of dark circles the first and the most important thing is to have sufficient sleep hours. Proper diet and rest is recommended for its correction. Include more salads and fruits in daily diet. It is advised that you maintain high fluid intake, but at the same time take diuretics like green tea and tender coconut water, these would help to eliminate the toxins from the body. Include green leafy vegetables, papaya, muskmelon, banana etc. for the required vitamins and minerals. High salt intake sometimes leads to fluid retention, it is therefore recommended to limit the use of salt in diet.
You have mentioned about the throat infection and cold. Both these conditions are said to have an effect on precipitation of dark circles. Make sure that you take proper treatment for the same. Steaming would be helpful.

Some common home remedies for correcting dark Circles are:
•     Apply cucumber juice on the affected area and wash after 15 min.
•     You may use cold tea bags, as a pad on the eyes. Green tea bags would be more effective given that it is XXXXXXX in antioxidants.
•     You may also use a cold spoon and keep on the closed eyes for few seconds repeatedly.
•     Wash your eyes proper from time to time and don’t forget to remove the eye makeup every before sleeping.
•     Drink plenty of water and other fluids.

Exercises are also very important. These would improve the circulation and help to lighten up the skin under the eyes. Get your Hemoglobin tested, dark circles may also be a result of the good quality sunglasses and apply sunscreen daily. You may consult with your dermatologist for specific creams and lotions that help in correcting the problem.

Hope this satisfies your query.