Having crease at the bridge of nose. Indicate the suitable treatment?

I have a crease at the bridge of my nose between my eyes. I have heard about treatments but I want to know do they work.
Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2013 in Beauty
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am sorry to hear about this crease between your eyes and the disturbing perception that is pushing you to explore treatment options. I understand some people cannot simply welcome these noral age related changes and treatment options are used to address it.

Generally, I will not recommend my clients to resort to looking for medical treatment to normal aging processes which all by themselves cause no real problem but for the new and different look they bring along. Disliking the onset and look of this is the main reason for seeking treatment.

The most popular treatment is botox injection. it has good results but you will need to continuously inject it after intervals to make sure that it continues to get rid of these creases. It has minimal side effects but we should not forget the discomfort, cost and time spent in seeking this treatment.

A new compound(Argireline ) has recently been explored and exploited but its use is still very very limited compared to botox. They both act in almost the same way.

I hope this helps. However I honestly wish you were rather comfortable with the changes that set in as we age. I wish you well and success in all your endeavors.
If you have follow up questions, please do as me and I will gladly provide answers to them.
Dr. Ditah, MD