Having coughing fit and has had 4 stents. Coughs till near vomiting and not much breathing in between

My husband is having a coughing fit he has a heart condition and has had 4 stents. He says he's alright but he doesn't have a cold. He coughs till he is nearly vomiting. It's eased a lot now but every few minutes he coughs again.There appears to be flem not green and slight spotting. The first fit lasted about 5 min with not much breathing in the middle. I called an ambulance during the first fit it was scary. The i cancelled it because he said he was ok. HE'S BACK IN BED NOW BUT i just want to know should i take him to A & E it's 11.30pm here?
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Guru 50 minutes later

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!
I do not want to waste the precious time typing lengthy answer. I feel that his clinical presentation and based on his past medical history, he needs an emergency evaluation and treatment. Please visit a A & E at the earliest.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention.

Wish you good health.