Having cough, cold and sore throat. Had cetrizine and flexon. Suggest medication?

May 2013
Hi Doctor,

I am down with cough and cold plus sore throat. This might be because I was traveling overnight and was under heavy mansoon rains. Any medicine that can help me out. I have tried Cetrizine because had fever and flexon which was given by Deloitte doctors but now I have cough and cold.
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

There is possibility of some infection.
So just symptomatic treatment may not help.
Better to consult physician once and get examined.
Then with his advice you can go for antibiotic course and cough syrup.
You can continue cetrizine and flexon to get relief from symptoms with your doctor's advice.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.