Having constant headache and noticed blood in nose. What am I suffering from?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Hi, I am facing a problem with my nose. there are some instances of blood while i clear my nose and am also facing constant headaches, specially in morning
Every time i clear my right nose, there is some blood.
Posted Mon, 26 Nov 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 36 minutes later
You are suffering from epistaxis ( nose bleeds ) which can most probably occur due to the following causes,

1.Nasal irritation due to common cold and allergies are some of the most common bloody nose causes. These conditions cause the blood vessels of the nasal cavity to get congested and then rupture and bleed either spontaneously or due to slight irritation.
2.Apart from these, a blow to the nose or head, dryness inside the nose, nose picking, excessive use of nasal sprays, sinusitis, bleeding problems can be some other possible causes of nosebleeds.
3. Migraines and tension headaches are common in adults especially who are stressed or having a hectic life style.
4. Another common cause is high blood pressure. So, if you experience these problems together, then consider to check your blood pressure level.

As of now you can treat it at home by measures like pressure application to the Nose , moisturising the lining of the nose with petroleum jelly and taking mild analgesics like acetaminophen for headache .However it's advisable to confirm the diagnosis by a thorough examination and investigation by your doctor so that curative treatment can be started.
It is important to keep in mind that severe bleeding from the nose, along with dizziness, headaches, loss of consciousness and breathing difficulty can be the signs of some underlying disorders and may need emergency treatment .
Hope I have answered your query.
Kindly accept my answer if you have no further queries.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.