Having clear liquid discharge from anus, inflamed hemorrhoids. What could be this?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have a clear liquid discharging from anus. I have large hemmoroids that have been quite inflammed as of late and are prolapsed. This started just a week ago prior to flare-up. There is no odor, just something leaking out. What could this be?
Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query

Usually with inflammed hemorrhoids there is proctitis in the rectal mucosa which secretes mucus

With the pile mass coming out the mucosa is exposed and the discharge comes out

It would be advised you take a probiotic, a Seven day treatment of Ofloxacin and ornidazole , Sitz bath twice a day and a bulk forming laxative

Hope this helps
Am available for followup queries
Wishing you a speedy recovery