Having chronic pressure on left rib. Ultrasound for kidney, pancreas, ribs, blood test came normal. Nerve related?

General Surgeon
I am having this chronic pressure on my left rib. As if some kind of weight is out on that left rib. I had this for more than 2 years now.. It does not hurt me but its creating lot of stress all the time.The pressure goes when i am in standing position. It only comes when i sit or sometimes sleep side ways..These days it is happening everyday every second.. It disappeared 1 year back and came back like 3months back... Not sure what is the problem. So i went to my doctor and she had ordered ultrasound for kidney, pancreas, ribs, blood test.. everything is normal except high cholestrol.. Sometimes I feel it more when my stomach gets bulgy or heart burn or gas formation...Is this something related to my bowel movement? Just wondering if this is related to any sexual activity... I have a habit of excessive masterbation every day.. I had even put this question to my doctor and she says they are not related as there is no nerve connection like that.. What other tests i can have my doctor order? please help me... Is this a common problem?
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 27 minutes later
The pain in your ribs is not related to any sexual activity/masturbation.
Pain due to acidity or heart burn will be in the midline mostly,beneath the sternum.
As your ultrasound and blood tests were normal,you should go for X XXXXXXX chest AP view and PA view.
Later,CT scan of the chest and upper abdomen should be done.
Till then,please take Skeletal muscle relaxant tablet.
Do breathing exercises.
If you come back with above results,i will clarify further.
If you have any queries also,i will clarify.
Wish you good health