Having chest pain and heaviness. Taking vitamin c, omega 3 and calcium. Have low BP. Suggest?

Having left side chest pain and middle. Also heaviness on left side when lying down or reclining. Relief if roll to left side & get up. Pvcs showed on eKg. Lab done lipid panel, CBC, chem profile. All normal except low mchc. No further test done. I had MRI done 3 years ago, radiologist found incidentally, bone marrow failure. He suggested could be due to anemia. As I understand there are other types of anemia that are not a diffency. But a problem with bone marrow function. I want to feel better. Whst further testing is needed. To tell a little bit more about me. I follow healthy diet, no dairy, no processed foods, don't overindulge. Limit red meat, & eggs. Do Pilates/yoga 3-5 times pr week. Only meds taken, vitamin c, multi vit, & omega 3 & 500mg calcium. Also have low Bp 95/58. 5'1" 100 pounds.
Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Require further evaluation as explained

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Thanks for using XXXXXXX
I had gone through your query and understand your concerns.

As a GP based on your history, I would come up with the following possibilities,

1.     The first possibility is Bone marrow depression.(As diagnosed by your doctor and low MCHC, Low BP) This can cause anemia due to defeciency in production of red blood cells. So with anaemia the heart tend to work more with limited Hb (anemia) and can go for failure also. Then the fluid tend to accumulate due to normal diffusion in our body. Diagnosis can be confirmed by bone marrow aspiration and microscopic examination & bone marrow iron assessment along with complete hemogram.

Since low MCHC (anemia) you require iron supplements and get done serum iron, TIBC, serum ferritin and bone marrow studies.

2.     The second possibility is left sided pleural effusion. Your history of heaviness on left side when lying down or reclining. Relief if roll to left side & when you get up suggests fluid accumulation in the pleural space. This may be due to anaemia or other cause. Get done chest X XXXXXXX PA view and then based on its report further management can be planned.

3.     The last possibility is of cardiac problem. Since your EKG was normal. The possibility is less. But get repeat EKG and echocardiogram along with electrolytes.
These will help us to diagnose your problem.

So in short you may require bone marrow aspiration and microscopic examination, Complete hemogram, Serum iron, TIBC, Chest X XXXXXXX PA view, EKG, echocardiogram and serum electrolytes to diagnose your problem.
I suggest you to consult a physician for general physical examination once and then get investigated for the above mentioned on priority basis.and get examinations like

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.