Having chest heaviness and pain. Had endoscopic brain surgery. What can be done?

I am having chest heaviness and pain. I recently had a endoscopic brain surgery 8 weeks ago. I went to a cardiologist this past Wednesday just to check and he said EKG was fine and sent me for echocardiogram which the tech said looked good. I have had anxiety before but this feels nothing like it - pure pressure in chest and like the worst kind of heartburn - I take blood pressure meds with a diuretic. I do have tachycardia - but I was wondering my triglycerides are high and I never mentioned that, I forgot - could that have anything to do with it? Alot of shortness of breath. It's nothing like an anxiety attack its way different mostly pressure. Could it be thyroid causing pain?
I had a benign pineal tumor removed and since I am in fl and he was in California - I haven't had my MRI - the surgeon wanted to wait till 12 wks due to slight swelling that he waits to get a better look. Never felt like this before -
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You need to be investigated for Coronary Artery Disease – especially so because of heaviness and tachycardia in the setting of Blood Pressure. Anxiety ought to be an exclusion diagnosis, in this situation... The risks in peri-menopausal women is nearly same as men...
     Normal resting EKG does not exclude heart disease. You need to have a Treadmill Exercise Electrocardiogram (TMT), preferably with thallium isotope..
     HOLTER (24 to 48 hour ambulatory monitoring), LABORATORY work-up – may also be necessary for further assessment and assistance.
     The consequence of triglyceride elevation is over the long term – no immediate effects...

The treating doctor may suggest them depending on need, based on his assessment of the situation.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck