Ask a Dentist   »  

Having burning sensation on tongue. Deficiency of vitamin B complex?

I have a condition with my tongue which I have had since December 5, 2012. It started with a burning tongue and then it started feeling like i had chewing gum in my mouth and was between my teeth and constantly sticky. there was nevey anything on my was always on my tongue. I have been to my regular dentist, my family doctor, an oral dentist, and he sent me to a cancer doctor because he said my vitamin b was out of line, which this doctor found out that there was nothing wrong with any of my blood work at all . One doctor told me that it was burning tongue and put me on two kinds of medicine and neither one helped. Do you have any kind of answers that could help with this, it never stops!!!! Do you have the name of a doctor that i could go to and maybe get some help????
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Screen for ionic and Vitamin D levels in blood

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

A complete clinical review, is important to have a good idea of what is going on. It is good that the control done showed normal Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium, Vitamin D and Potassium. Electrolyte imbalances could explain such manifestations.

Revision of your drugs for depression should be considered. Some of these manifestations could direct side effects from these drugs and modification of the drugs could be of utmost help.

I would suggest a clinical review with an internist for a complete and holistic evaluation, and orientation of future management., Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you the best of health. Kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.