Ask a Urologist   »  

Having burning sensation in urinary track. No redness on the exterior of penis. Suggest the treatment?

I am a male, 69 years old. A few days ago I started to feel a burning sensation in my penis. This is in the urinary track. There is no redness or other issue on the exterior of the penis.
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dysurea ,possible UTI

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to the XXXXXXX

Feeling burning sensation in urinary tract means the urine has become acidic, which is causing burning sensation (dysurea).

Urine has become acidic due to some infection in the urine.

There is past history of stone in the kidney this also adds to the problem.

Urine culture and sensitivity is the test to be under gone immediately.

Culture report will guide exactly which bug is the cause of infection.

Culture report will also tell the most effective drug for the treatment of problem.

Relevant Antibiotic according to the culture report with adequate doses and complete duration will completely eradicate the infection.

Ultrasound scanning of both the kidneys should be done to rule out any new developing stone.
Hope the query is answered.

Please feel free for further clarification.