Ask a Dentist   »  

Having bump inside cheek, with a white head on it. What could this be?

I have a bump on the inside of my cheek, near my back left molar that has a white head on it and seems to be growing. What could this be?
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 2 hours later
Dear friend.

Thanks for sharing your concern.

The bump that you are seeing seems to be due to an abscess and the white head on it is the orifice developed through which the pus will drain.

This may be due to a deep carious lesion in your mouth, the affected tooth requires thorough cleaning and treatment.

Please visit your dentist and get an x XXXXXXX done. This will help you to see the underlying pathology.

Upon consultation antibiotic and analgesics can be started for faster relief.

Meanwhile do warm saline rinses, this will prevent further infection and localize the pus for drainage.

Hope I have answered your query.

For further query please let me know.