Having brown complexion. How to get a fair complexion?

i have brown (wheatish) complexion is there a way to achieve permanent fair
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 41 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
Skin color or fairness depends on 3 factors.
Melanin production in skin,blood flow to skin and hemoglobin concentration in blood.
Melanin production is dependent on genetics ,sun exposure , hormonal changes in body.
Your skin can definitely be improved by 2 color tones.
Using a good quality sunscreen of SPF 5o routinely and avoiding sun exposure,keeping sun protection are fundamental in skin lightening treatment.
Keeping good diet,taking XXXXXXX leafy vegetables/citrus fruits/vitamin c supplements help to build Hb and reduces melanin production and there by increases fairness.
Few clinic based procedures like chemical peeling with glycolic and kojic acid peels remove the superficial upper layers of skin and produce fairness.Same can be achieved by fractional CO2 lasers and other lasers.these are available at dermatology clinics.
Maintaining good general health, adequate sleep,maintaining diet and good sunprotection can improve and maintain good fair complexion.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up questions.
Dr Sudarshan
MD dermatologist

Follow-up: Having brown complexion. How to get a fair complexion? 20 minutes later

Thanks for your answer

I am sorry but this is general answer that i can see on many forums. What i want to know is that a sort of prescription of creams, gels, pills or medicine that i can take for a limited period of time and that can change the skin color forever.

I hope i am clear with my question this time.

Many Thanks,XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 4 hours later
HI ,
Use A cream containing 5% glycolic acid and 2% kojic acid at night.Bright night cream is one such cream available.Also during day time you can apply arbutin ,soy protein,glabridin,vitamin C ,octinoxate ,oxybenzone during the day.
Take supplement containing glutathione /vitamin C /essential fatty acids and beta carotene daily.Exerge HC capsules are one such capsule.One per day should be enough.
Glutathione injections are also available in some countries for instant fairness.
You can use exfoliating face wash containing Alfa hydroxy acids like glycolic acid,vitamin E,aloe vera gel .
These things will help you in improving the complexion.
Hope this helps.
Follow-up: Having brown complexion. How to get a fair complexion? 8 hours later

Thank u so much for the valuable advice.

I would really appreciate if you could please advice the product in the link below which has all the ingredients that you have mentioned.
As part of my previous question how long you reckon do I have to use the above product to have a fare skin rest of my life.

Please advice if you know better products.

Many Thanks. XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 12 hours later
Hi again XXXXXXX,
The link contains few of the ingredients mentioned in answer you can use them.
Atleast 3 - 6 months continous use is recommended for persistant effect.
Demelan cream by glenmark pharma is one such cream.
Photoprotection is a must with these products.
Hope this helps.