Having blood pressure between 90 over 55 all day. Is this ok?

My blood pressure has been 90 over 55 all day. Is this ok?
Posted Mon, 23 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

Thanks for the question.

Your blood pressure levels seem towards lower level. However if you are asymptomatic, then it is not a serious concern.

Ideally, this should be investigated with electrocardiogram (EKG), 2-D echocardiogram and stress test. This will rule out if there is any underlying heart related issues.

If there is no underlying cause or symptoms then a close follow up would be needed.

So I would suggest you to a clinical evaluation and investigation done for this. An appropriate treatment can be planned after that.

Hope this answers your question. Please ask if there are other doubts.