Ask a Urologist   »  

Having blood in urine. What could be the cause?

I am having bllod in my urine for the last 3 days sometimes it starts as urine and ends with blood and some times it has blood thru out.
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Sree Bhushan Raju 15 minutes later
Blood in the urine at this age not a good one to happen and you need to undergo tests for that. As you are also on Aspirin, which can lead to derangement of coagulation system of the body, you can stop it for a week and see the response. However, at the same time, we need to know to know the reason for such a therapy and if required by you by any means, then you can’t stop it without the prior approval of your doctor.
We need to do ultrasound of the abdomen to you to see ant prostate enlargement, which can produce this kind of clinical picture and any mass in the urinary bladder. You can do ultrasound test and get back to me.