Having blister at the bottom of stump. Diagnosed as klebsiella pneumoniae. Started itching. Concerned

I am a 54 yr old below knee amputee for 36 yrs. It started out like a blister at the bottom of my stump. It has spread into a large raw area almost all around the bottom of my stump. I was seen by a dermatologist who cultured and was found to be Klebsiella peumoniae. Have recently experienced itching and pain and was given Bactrim for two days now. Use sterile cleansing was twice daily. My symptoms have been going on for three months now. Was originally misdiagnosed and treated incorrectly. Have not worn prosthesis for four days trying to see some sort of improvement but have not. Does this sound normal: very moist, mucus looking, raw skin. Does not seem any better no matter what we do. Please help me!!!!
Posted Tue, 24 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
I really feel very sorry as you are facing this problem for past 3 months.
I need certain informations from you before being able to answer properly.
How many days have passed since the culture which showed Kleibsiella pneumonia as the causative agent?
What medications were taken to treat Kleibsiella and for how many days?
What are the current medications being taken by you?
Do you suffer from diabetes?
Have you changed your prosthesis recently or in other words was any prosthesis changed before you got this infection?
Do you smoke?

Please supply these informations so that I can go ahead.