Having bad anxiety and severe pain in chest under breast. Taking medication. Still in terrible pain. Suggest the cure?

Question
My anxiety has been really bad over severe pain I have been getting for 2 weeks it feels like its in my chest under my breast goes around my ribs and up under my shoulder blade. I have been taking ibufrofen and paracetamol + codeine that the hospital gave me after I went there complaining of this severe pain 3 days ago. They did an ecg which was fine and said my pain sounded muscular or inflammation possibly costochondritis. The medications they gave me have not helped I'm still in terrible pain. I also forgot to mention I have also had really bad breath with a sour taste in my mouth which has been present during the onset of my pain. Another thing I should have mentioned is it hurts when I push on my sternum, also hurts when I push in left side of ribs. Hurts when taking a deep breath. Any help of a possible diagnosis and treatment of pain would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Follow-up: Having bad anxiety and severe pain in chest under breast. Taking medication. Still in terrible pain. Suggest the cure? 19 minutes later
I also forgot to mention I have also had really bad breath with a sour taste in my mouth which has been present during the onset of my pain.
Follow-up: Having bad anxiety and severe pain in chest under breast. Taking medication. Still in terrible pain. Suggest the cure? 10 minutes later
Another thing I should have mentioned is it hurts when I push on my sternum, also hurts when I push in left side of ribs. Hurts when taking a deep breath. Any help of a possible diagnosis and treatment of pain would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Better pain medicine

Detailed Answer:

I understand your problem and my opinion is that you should get a better pain medicine than what you take now(Paracetmol plus codein plus ibuprofen). If a person who is on zoloft takes the above pain relievers would not work is what I believe. I am not sure if your doctor can prescribe you more pain medicines it is better for you to opt for a pain medicine doctor who has the licensure to prescribe better medicine. You need to take this for a week because three days of pain relievers would not help in costochondritis.

The bad breath and sour taste could be because of multiple medications that you are on.

Hope this helps you.