Having back pain. MRI done. No fracture seen. Took architol injections, calcitrol. Any advice?

Spine Surgeon
Question
I have back pain since 2008, where my doctors are not able to detect any fracture or spine issue. I have done MRI scan, however result was positive, ie- no issue detected. I have attached the blood report, pls check the calcium and Vitamin D level and advise. I have already taken 4 Architol injections of VItamin D and have also taken 15 sachets of Calcitrol in 2010. Request you to review the case and advise
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 6 hours later

Thank you for sharing your problem.

However I would like to know more details ..

Can you describe the nature of your back pain?
How often you get it?
Do you sit for long hours in job?
Does your pain spread to legs?

Please also send me the lab values too.

Follow-up: Having back pain. MRI done. No fracture seen. Took architol injections, calcitrol. Any advice? 24 hours later
Can you describe the nature of your back pain? Lower back pain in the centre which is spread upto ankle

How often you get it? It is throughout, but when i sleep i cannot straighten my leg

Do you sit for long hours in job? yes 12 to 14 hrs
Does your pain spread to legs? Yes

For lab values , i have attached my blood reposrts. Pls check my calcium and vitamin d values

Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 8 hours later
Hello XXXXXX,
Thank you for getting back to me.
I believe your 2008 MRI was normal and it is time to repeat a new MRI, as your symptoms are suggestive of disc problem i.e. back pain radiating to both legs.
Based on the new MRI finding we can chart out a best treatment for you.
Unfortunately, I do not find your Lab values attached in this query page. Could you please re-upload it or type it out. Alternatively, you may mail me the reports at YYYY@YYYY with subject as “Attention to Dr. Krishna Kumar”. I would be glad to help you.
Thank you
Dr XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Having back pain. MRI done. No fracture seen. Took architol injections, calcitrol. Any advice? 5 hours later
Reports uploaded

Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 43 hours later
Hello...

Thank you for getting back.

I had seen your reports and your Vit D is in insufficient range for which you need to continue vitamin D XXXXXXX 0000 IU (1gram) once a month for next 6 months and repeat the Vit D test after 6 months. Meanwhile please get MRI done.

Thank you.

Follow-up: Having back pain. MRI done. No fracture seen. Took architol injections, calcitrol. Any advice? 3 days later
Sorry Doctor i didnot get the name of the medicine. Do i need to continue with the injections ? Do i need to take any calcium supplement? If yes, then please suggest name.

Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 23 hours later
Please buy calcirol XXXXXXX 1gram and continue calcium tablets. Please discontinue injections.
Thank you.

Follow-up: Having back pain. MRI done. No fracture seen. Took architol injections, calcitrol. Any advice? 41 minutes later
which calcium tablet

Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 5 minutes later
Calcium supplement tablet shelcal once daily will suffice.