Having back and abdominal pain. Feeling bloated and nausea. On medication. Looking for suggestion

Abdominal pain: Localised

Right hand side inch under bottom of ribs and 2.5 inch from centre tummy line.

Back pain: Localised

Right side below bottom of ribs. sore sometimes to- hurts when pressed in...this is at the side of the muscle that is next to the spinal column.

- When I lay on front I feel pulse of pain the back. It can also hurt when I stretch my body out.

- Nausea at meal times or after meal times sometime this sick felling last all day other times better.

- Pain. dull lasting ache in front and back. Sometimes just front, sometimes just back. Sometimes stabbing pain.

- Stools: Normal one day, very loose the next. went through a couple of weeks with yellow poo whilst coming of omeprazole but now normal brown colour.

- Bloated stomach.

Doctor gave me omeprazole since feb, 40mg from march onwards.

2 wks ago I had a gastropy to find no ulcer and no h pylori - although was on omeprazole whilst this procedure was being done.

I was not tested for h pylori at the beginning of treatment which I think was an oversight.

Anyway so with no ulcer I have taken myself of omeprezole.

History; I first had this pain that radiated through from front to pain after a fever I had on nitrofurantoin for a UTI in January. I was stopped on these drugs then after a week given omeprazole. On 40mg I still had the back pain it never cleared it completely.

I have been booked in for a gall bladder scan, prob be a month before it comes through.

So I have had these symptoms since feb...I would be very interested to have your opinion on this as I feel somewhat confused as a diagnosis still has not been reached.

On first examination by a GP in feb I could not bend at the waste properly and could not sit up to get of the table on my own to the abdomen. Also when he touch XXXXXXX below my ribs by a couple of inches near the side of my abdominal muscles. There was a severe localised pain.

Many, many thanks.
Posted Wed, 8 Aug 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Thanks for writing.
After going thro your history the following things are possible.
1. Pain arising form the gall baldder- stone, inflammation.
2. Pain arising from stone in the kidney or its pipe ( ureter)
3. Rarely pain arising for the pancreas.
Ultrasound scan is a basic minimum these days for evaluaiion of pain abdomen.
So kindly get the scan do to proceed further.
Meanwhile lab tests to check kidney function, liver function can be done and all of them can be put together along with the scan report to arrive at a diagnisis.
Kindly XXXXXXX your doc and proceed further.
Hope I answered your query, kindly get back for doubts if any..
DR G Srinivasan