Having allergic reaction with headache. Have celiac disease. Suggest diet plan

Ive had allergic reactions to random things since I was about 10. Maybe earlier. As far as I can accurately retell they have been seasonal. In Germany I would get migraines. My grandmother told me that I was born with bronchitis and I recall having to use an inhaler after school. Looking back in now its kinda strange. i have long had an issue with post nasal drip and it has always interfered with my singing hobby and the quality of my voice in general. Well in my early 20s after I had my twins, I noticed this dry scaling across my forehead. I mean when I came home from the hospital and saw myself in the mirror a few days later. It has been a recurring, sporadic problem since then. In the last few weeks though there have been no eruptions if that sort. I have been seeing an esthetician who has me on a very minimal regimen since I will be getting a peel soon. I have also been using a ph balanced shampoo and conditioner and treating my scalp with a blend of pure sea buckthorn oil and pure neem oil. In my late 20s I noticed that I am allergic to pet dander. In first contact i don't notice anything but (my boss has 7 cats and 2 dogs) after a few hours intense head discomfort begins and later it takes less and less of a degree of exposure to induce a reaction. In a home I can (and have) fairly easily determine how many cats and dogs a previous tenant had and where the dog rested most often and whether they were primarily in or outdoors. My husband thought I was crazy at first. I have also once been able to smell that a dead mouse had been on or near my cup at a fast food place. No one smelled anything but me but one of the employees verified that they are found in the boxes sometimes. About 2 years ago after going on an elimination diet to determine the cause of late onset acne that I had been dealing with for some time with no success with acne treatments, I discovered that I have a celiac disease. Treating that solved problems I didnt realize were connected.
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 2 hours later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Sometimes certain diseases present with rare manifestations. It is easy for a treating physician to mistake a rare manifestation of an uncommon disease for common manifestation of common disease.

I congratulate you that you found out the basic cause of a variety of your problems.

Now strictly restrict yourself to gluten free diet. Take the help of a dietitian to identify food that contain gluten.

Congratulating once again........not only you but your treating physician who identified the problem.

Follow-up: Having allergic reaction with headache. Have celiac disease. Suggest diet plan 52 minutes later
I meant to continue by saying that recently I have been experiencing itching randomly between my lower back on either side of my spine and my upper arms, specifically about an inch or so above my left elbow. Mostly my left arm..sometimes my right as well. Once about last week I had a bout of back itch and arm itch and while I was scratching my armd turned beet red and my chest as well. What is your opinion? Also a gluten free diet has not had a major suppressive effect on the random scaling on my forehead and face or the acne type breakouts of bumps and boils. I know that it can recur at any time and I have no idea what it is. Do you have any ideas on what I should investigate or suggest to my doctor to test for? I see a military doctor and they are much less investigative since they see hundreds of patients a day and the military is not very fond of frequent visits. The doctors are also prone to pay less and less attention to you if they keep seeing you about the same issue. I had to tell them to test for celiac disease and they are not very educated in general about the various symptoms. It is very frustrating. Please help . I know you are busy but im I need at least a direction to follow to get help for thrse various and persistent issues.
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 4 hours later

Thanks for writing to healthcare magic.

From your earlier description, I thought a diagnosis of Coeliac disease was made based on the investigations.

Various serological blood tests are available for diagnosis of Coeliac disease. They are anti tTG antibodies, anti endomysium antibodies.

The gold standard and the best for diagnosis of Coeliac disease is endoscopy and biopsy. This is done only if the blood tests are indicative.

Adhering to gluten free diet is important once a diagnosis of Coeliac disease is made. Consumption of gluten containing diet (knowingly or unknowingly) will result in exacerbation of symptoms.

Hope this helps you.
Follow-up: Having allergic reaction with headache. Have celiac disease. Suggest diet plan 2 hours later
Gluten-free diet has helped me with many problems.

It has not fixed everything.

I want to know what may be the cause of the continuing symptoms.

1) itch lower back and upper arms
2) arms and chest turning red
3) scaling on face that comes and goes.
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to healthcare magic.

There could be various possibilities.

Since most of your complaints disappeared with gluten free diet, I think of Dermatitis herpeteformis as one of the possibility.
Dermatitis herpeteformis is associated with recurrent itchy blisters and bumps on various parts of the body. Symptoms come and go in this condition. Sticking to gluten free diet helps in this condition.

Eczema also has some of the features described by you. Scabies can be ruled out by a complete physical examination.

Hope this helps