Having acne on face and scars. How to get rid of it?

I have acne since the age of 16 and everytime they leave behind a scar. Please help me find a way to get rid of acne as well as the existing scars on my face.
Posted Wed, 25 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in,

The treatments of acne are aplenty. the best treatment option is decided based on the severity of the acne and certain patient characteristics.

The treatment ranges from creams to chemical peels to oral medication.

A correct combination of treatment gives excellent results for both your active acne and acne scars.

You are absolutely right when you say, that you want the treatment of acne first and then the scars. There is no point in getting the laser done as of now till your acne is completely controlled.

It would be of great help to me, if you may send me your picture. You may do this using the "upload your reports" feature on nthe query page. I shall have a look on the severity of your acne and then suggest you the best treatment plan

Awaiting your response
Follow-up: Having acne on face and scars. How to get rid of it? 2 hours later
I have attached the pictures in the reports section. Please have a look.
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 47 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
You have mild-moderate acne. For treating this, you can use Clindoxyl gel ( with benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin) ointment in the day time. At night, you can use Adapalene 0.1% gel . Please do not use Adapalene in the day as it can react with the sun and cause a reaction. In a few days, you may notice a dryness of skin and some redness in the lips. This is an expected reaction to the adapalene and will become ok on its own.
Please follow this regimen for 4 weeks.
I am sure there will be substantial improvement.
We can take care of the scars after that.
Let me know if you need any more help