Having acidity problem in evening. What can be done?

i have a problemof acidity in evening for last 3-4 days.
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later

Your problem of acidity is most likely related to odd times of eating. Please make a proper schedule to eat your food on time. Do not skip meals. Drink plenty of water. Avoid eating food from eateries.

Apart from these measures, you could continue to take Eno for some time. You may also consider taking Pantoprazole or Omeprazole tablets for the same. These are prescription drugs.

You could probably try drinking a glass of cold milk or take a cup of curds in the evenings to prevent the acidity.

I hope this helps you. Take care!

Follow-up: Having acidity problem in evening. What can be done? 8 minutes later
thanks for reply.... i'll try to have cold milk in evening. can you plesae guide me anything that i can have around 3-4PM. as problem starts at that time.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
You can take a cup of cold milk along with 3 to 4 XXXXXXX biscuits at that time. You could also take fruit salads, fruit juice, and dry fruits at this time.

Follow-up: Having acidity problem in evening. What can be done? 56 minutes later
thanks a lot for your valuable guidance.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 11 minutes later
Pleasure is mine.

I wish you good health.

Take care!