Having abdominal pain, diarrhoea and vomiting. Done with bone marrow biopsy. Shoulders and feet have become sore and having pain. Advise?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Ive been sick for almost 2 yrs now & can't figure out why! It started with abdominal pain, diaherria & vomiting 1 time. I tested neg. for hiv 1/2 at 87 days possible exposure of unknown status of partner & non detectable PCR RNA test at 94 days. My platelets have been
Low ever since between 40,000 & 80,000 every month.I tested positive XXXXXXX 1:1280 but neg. for Lupus ,Lymes.I 've had a leukemia which was neg., I also had an upper scope, colonoscopy, MRI of my brain/neck that are all neg.My first ct scan and mri of my abdomen show inflammation
In the terminal ileum. My hands and feet , my neck/ shoulders have all become very sore and difficult living in pain everyday! My short term memory is a bit foggy.A few times i had tongue lesions and a canker sore.My question is, is my hiv 1&2 at 87 days & the pcr rna at 94 days accurate to rule out hiv? Also how reliable is the oraquick hiv home test? I'm worried cuz' now my wife has been getting a rash on her chest and also having issues with cyst this past year.Can this have any connection WWW.WWWW.WW a neg. oraquick saliva home test confirm after 2 yrs. that its not hiv? Please help!
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Tests are confirmative, you are free from HIV

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX

1.HIV antibody test done after 12 weeks of risky exposure is conclusive that you are free from HIV.
2. Negative Oraquick after 2 years established that you are uninfected with HIV.
All these tests are specific more than 99%. So the reduction in platelet count, sore hands and feet, shoulder pain are not due to HIV at all in your case.
RNA PCR is not a dignostic test. It is very useful to assess the disease activity and the response to treatment.

Wife's neck rash and cyst are not related to HIV as you are free from HIV and consult a Dermatologist for her patch.
Get well soon.
DR S.Murugan