Having abdomen pain when drink water with loose stool. What could be wrong?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I am exceedingly fit ........ cycling, resistance training 4 days a week for the last 3-5 days some stomach pain when I drink water in the middle of my abdomen ..... accompanied with loose stool no vomiting, no nausea, no pain anywhere else, no pain when i touch my abdomen comes and goes last 3-5 days
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. You probably have a stomach bug. A stool analysis may be done to confirm it. Take yogurt and probiotic supplements. Drink enough fluids to remain well hydrated. Adequate urine output and a moist tongue are indicators of good hydration. If your urine output is reduced and tongue is dry, drink electrolyte solution like equalyte. I hope that answers your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Having abdomen pain when drink water with loose stool. What could be wrong? 21 minutes later
I have been trying to eat chicken broth, crackers, drink plenty of fluids, also small meals of rice and chicken..... will this help ........ it seems to run right through me ... WILL THIS DIET HELP ................... IF I ADD THE YOGURT PLEASE ANSWER ..... I NEVER EVER GET SICK THIS IS FIRST TIME FOR THIS IN 51 YRS. THANK YOU SO MUCH

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, The diet you take looks pretty good for an individual with loose stool. You can continue taking that. Yes add yogurt also. It helps in faster recovery. As mentioned earlier, if your urine output is less and your tongue is dry, take electrolyte solution like equalyte in sips. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini