Having a pale yellow stool with sweet smell and pain in anus. Looking for suggestions?

I have a pale yellow stool with sweet smell. I am getting belching often and also expel gas through anus frequently. little stool coming in the morning that to wait for longer time.have slight pain in anus after sitting for longer time in chair. if i get up and sit again the pain get reduced and also after defecation i get a slight pain in anus.
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 19 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

I think there are two issues going on.

First is food indigestion leading to increased belching and excess gas formation. You can try non-spicy food with oral antacids and gasex tablets. Fiber containing diet can help to pass off stools normally in the morning.

Secondly, the anal pain can be due to proctitis, anal fissure or hemorrhoids. You can give try to local anesthetic cream meant for anal use to relieve this pain. If symptoms continue after that then you will need to see the doctor to confirm the diagnosis and plan further treatment.

Hope this answers your question. Please ask if there are doubts.

Follow-up: Having a pale yellow stool with sweet smell and pain in anus. Looking for suggestions? 3 hours later
stool smells sweet and only little stool passes.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later

Thanks for the follow up question.

Actually this should not be cause of concern and sweet smelly stools are not specific for anything. It's likely to be associated with indigestion with possible cause being bits of undigested or unabsorbed food in stools.