Having Pertussis, cold symptoms and low grade temperature. No improvement. Coughing frequently. Suggest the treatment?

General Surgeon
what is the defintion of nursing?
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Vaccination does not provide life long immunity

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Let me answer your queries one by one

1. Pertussis is caused by a bacteria Bordetella Pertussis. Neither natural disease nor vaccination provides complete or lifelong immunity against reinfection or disease. Protection against typical disease begins to wane 3–5 yr after vaccination and is un-measurable after 12 yr. Sub-clinical reinfection undoubtedly contributes significantly to immunity against disease ascribed to both vaccine and prior infection. The vaccine used is injectable acellular vaccine of Bacteria, which causes release of antibodies and which gives some protection against pertussis. Mechanism of transmission of Pertussis is droplet borne, ie from infected droplets of nasal secretion of either carrier or case of pertussis which could be other child he has come across. It has Catarrhal stage, paroxysmal stage in which there is intense cough followed by post coughing vomiting. and the recovery phase in which the symptoms decrease.

2. The nurse’s primary professional responsibility is to people requiring nursing care. In providing care, the nurse promotes an environment in which the human rights, values, customs and spiritual beliefs of the individual, family and community are respected. The nurse ensures that the individual receives accurate, sufficient and timely information in a culturally appropriate manner on which to base consent for care and related treatment. The nurse holds in confidence personal information and uses judgement in sharing this information.
The nurse shares with society the responsibility for initiating and supporting action to XXXXXXX the health and social needs of the public, in particular those of vulnerable populations. The nurse advocates for equity and social justice in resource allocation, access to health care and other social and economic services. The nurse demonstrates professional values such as respectfulness, responsiveness, compassion, trustworthiness and integrity.

I hope i have answered your query, kindly get back to me if you have further query.
Take Care
Follow-up: Having Pertussis, cold symptoms and low grade temperature. No improvement. Coughing frequently. Suggest the treatment? 10 hours later
Can you please explain a little more in depth on (1) would you expect my nepheew to have protection from Pertussis with massive immunity at this point why or why not please give me more in depth details.

Thank YOU!!!
can you elaborate more in depth on the mechanisms of transmission of Pertussis and how my nephew contracted Pertussis ???? Please more in detail...
Thank YOU very much!!!
Also very important to keep in mind that my nephew's father had a cold too with an annoying cough...with that note please explain in depth the mechanisms of transmission of Pertussis and how my nephew contracted Pertussis???? Please explain in detail...
Thanks so much!
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Clinical disease does not provide life long immunity

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Healthcare-magic,

Greetings of the day.

As mentioned in my answer previously even clinical disease does not provide life long immunity. As your nephew has got the disease, This Does not guarantee life long immunity. Only way of preventing is avoiding contact with those with disease. Mode of transmission is droplet borne, when a person infected with bacteria coughs there is droplets of saliva like aerosol spray and when one comes in contact with such infected aerosol one gets infected. Usually the disease spreads from household contact or at work place. If one is exposed to such contact one can prevent disease from occurring by Erythromycin prophylaxis.

Your nephew could have contacted the disease from some house hold contact or at school.

I hope this answers your query.
Do get back to me for further clarification.