Having LCV vasculitis. Elevated blood pressure with nausea and migraine. What to do?

I have lcv vasculitis and have been neaseous with a migraine today. I just checked my blood pressure and it's 153/105. How concerned should I be or what do I need to do?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 51 minutes later

Out of your drugs

1. Buspirone is an anxiolytic
2. Ambien is for regular sleep
3. Benadryl is a cough syrup
4. Zyrtec is an antinflammatory drug mostly given for your vasculitis
5. ?tropimate i could not find this drug. Did you mean topiramate?
6. XXXXXXX is loratidine which is also for your vasculitis
7. Phenagan- I think you meant phenergan is an anti inflammatory agent and is also used for anxiety and motion sickness

As you can see there are no medicines currently in use for your migraine.
Migraine treatment should include the following

1. Drugs that prevent headaches

2. Drugs that treat headaches

Migraines are treated with basic tablets like paracetamol for mild migraine and tab naproxen for severe migraines with nausea.

If you are having more than 1 episode of headache per week then you should be put on medicines that will prevent headaches and in your case since you also suffer from anxiety beta blockers are ideal

To come to the issue of high blood pressure

Since you are not a hypertensive and this reading was checked while you were in pain and nauseous I advise you to check your blood pressure reading again for three consecutive days at the same time while at rest and ease. If the blood pressure persists to be high then maybe you will need medications

In the mean while please follow these advises

1. Follow a low salt diet
2. Avoid food XXXXXXX in fat like fries, chocolate
3. Cardio exercises for at least 30 min a day for 5 days a week. For eg: cycling, jogging, rowing, and swimming.

I advise you to approach a multi specialty hospital which has Dermatology, XXXXXXX medicine and Cardiology for further care

I hope I have answered to your query, if you have no further queries please accept my answer.

I wish you good health.