Have wounds in genital. Chances of HIV transmission if there is a contact with cloth?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
Hi, is geneital XXXXXXX dry humping" while clothes on would be risky for the HIV transmission.
Thanks
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 19 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
No.
HIV can be transmitted only by penetration of penis into vagina or rectum or in some rarce cases of open wounds in both partners contact. So it is immposible to get infected on the way you are describing.Also you need to be sure that there is no contact of your penis with your partners open or bleeding wounds. If you are sure that your partner is HIV positive you must be very careful that "dry humping" doesnt become classic sex.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help"

Follow-up: Have wounds in genital. Chances of HIV transmission if there is a contact with cloth? 23 minutes later
Many thanks about your reply. I am talking about the dry humimg which include the clothes on and wearing condom under the under wear, this is more acurate situation that I have described. Also, I was wondering if you could give me about the risk transmission form the female to male as well as the reliability of using condom during inrecourse vaginal sex.

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 24 minutes later
Hi.
Datas are variable and it is immposible to calcutae the exact risk,but condoms, when used consistently and correctly, are highly effective in preventing the sexual transmission of HIV. There's no absolute guarantee and it is considered that condoms are not 100% effective but are very close to that percentage. Also it is less possible female-male transmission than the opposite. The most scientific statistics say that possibility of transmission in vaginal sex f-m is 0.06-0.08% per exposure. It means that after 100 intercourses you have 6-8%possibility of infection. WIth condoms these possibility is 100x less.

Follow-up: Have wounds in genital. Chances of HIV transmission if there is a contact with cloth? 9 minutes later
Many thanks about your reply which is very clean and clear.

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 31 minutes later
I am glad you are satisfied. Wish you good luck,good health and good sex.and dont forget review:)