Have white patches on scrotum and penis. Any treatment?

Jul 2012

i have white patches on my scrotum and has spread to my penis everything works fine and it doesnt itch out of the ordinary nothin seems to be wrong but the white patches are startin to worry me since it is spreading
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 25 minutes later
Hi there.
If possible, do upload a clear digital photograph of said patches.
In the interim, please use a topical antifungal cream eg 2% ketoconazole (nizoral) applied locally twice/day for 10 days or so. If purely fungal, they will disappear. if not, one needs to get evaluated by a dermatologist nearest you & it may be early onset vitiligo or some such lesion & a skin biopsy may be required. Cheers & Good Luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD