Have white itchy patches on groin area. Looking for cure

I have white itchy patches on my groin
Posted Fri, 15 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Going by the description and the images you have downloaded, it seems you are having ring worm of groin or tinea cruris.

To treat the same -
Keep the area dry, dust with antifungal powder after bathing
Wear loose cotton underclothes
Apply a steroid antifungal cream like momoz t cream( contains mometasone and terbinafine cream)
If its too itchy take oral cetirizine.
Sometimes when the lesions do not respond to topical therapy, taking oral fluconazole 150 mg once in a week for few weeks help.

I would also like to mention these are prescription drugs, so consulting a doctor nearby for a prescription and follow up is required.

Hope that answers your query. Take care.
Follow-up: Have white itchy patches on groin area. Looking for cure 1 hour later
Thank you very much for the details and i will follow the instruction given by you. Actually problem started with wearing tight jeans.. i will avoid those and see how i get recover.

Mam also i want to know whether its curable or it might happen recurrently and how long will it take to cure if we are under regular treatment
Thanks for writing back,
Wear very tight denims may induce fungal infection due to sweat and friction. That is why to prevent fungal infection of groin, wearing loose cotton clothes are advised.
To prevent further recurrence, keep the area as much dry as possible and dust the area with clotrimazole antifungal powder.

Fungal infections are completely curable. In your case with in a week or two, you will have complete recovery. Take care.