Have white coated tongue and not getting out with medicine. Have history of cleaning anal by douche. Related?

General Surgeon
I have a white coated tongue for the last 7 months and can't seem to get rid of it with medication,I have a history of cleaning out my anal by douche twice a week could this be the cause and is it healthy to be cleaning out your anal passage
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 2 hours later
White coated tongue is due to many reasons like Infection with Candida,Antibiotcs,steroids(used in inhaler for asthma) etc.
It can also be caused by dehydration.So,please drink more water.
It can also be due to Alchohol ad smoking.Quit them if you are taking
You have to consult your doctor and exclude Oral lichen planus.
Douching cannot cause this white coated tongue.
There is no need to clean your anal passage with Douche.It is not recommended.
Wish you good health