Have white bumps on the roof of mouth. What should I do to get cured?

Sep 2012

i have a few white bumps on the roof of my mouth (blister Like), they've been there for a couple of days now. they constanly hurt and seem like expand when i eat.
what do i need to do?
Posted Sun, 18 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 5 hours later
Firstly, the symptoms you told indicates some differential diagnosis
- Aphthous ulcer (most common).
- Trauma.
- Vitamin and micro-nutrients deficiency.
- Infection of the oral mucosa due to poor hygiene ( it may be bacterial / fungal).
- Some cystic changes that particularly found in oral mucosal surface.
- Some dermatological diseases which presents with blistering in the oral mucosa ( like pemphigus vulgaris, Lichen planus).
To come to a conclusive diagnosis clinical examination is very much important. Signs of inflammation, presence of pus, oral hygiene, all are to be checked. Any associated skin lesion is to be looked for.

You have to do the followings
1. First you have to maintain a good oral hygiene. For this, use a good mouthwash 3 to 4 times a day.
2. Take any nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug ( like paracetamol) if you feel any pain. You should take a pantoprazole group of drug before taking the previously mentioned drug.
3. Take a multivitamin Drug specially having Vitamin B12 and Vitamin C.
4. Consult with an ENT specialist for further clinical examination, investigation if required and management with specific medicine according to the findings.

Summary : Consult with an ENT specialist if you do not get any relief from the above mentioned measures.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you have any more questions.