Have vomiting that looks likes bile. Take Rantidine for Acid reflux. What causes vomiting?

Hello, I have been recently vomiting what looks likes bile, I can eat normally and it stays down but as soon as I drink even water it comes back up?!! I have Acid Reflux which I take Ranitidine, twice a day at 150MG. I am also on Gaviscon which also isn't doing much for this problem, What could be causing this it started about a week ago now and it's not getting better!!!
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: please refer to the following suggestions.. Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your medical history, and it is really complex as you said. The vomiting you are having could be because of - aggravation of your GERD (reflux): maybe because of other "new" drugs that you have been using recently. - gastroenteritis (infection of gastrointestinal tract most probably by a virus). - possible onset of biliary reflux. So, I'd suggest to - start using omeprazole instead of ranitidine to get more benefits - start using metoclopramide instead of cyclizine you are taking (not both of them) - eat often and small portions, chew slowly - do not take fluids when eating solids If no improvement in a couple of days, consult GI specialist. Hope it answered to your inquiries! If you have more concerns, do not hesitate to write me back at the next follow up. Dr.Klerida