Have vomiting often, had angioplasty. Suggest remedy?

my father often vommits, he had angioplasty, what can he do for remedy for vommiting?
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
take rabeprazole, domperidone, and ondansetron

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

As he had angioplasty he may be on tablet ecosprin or clopidogrel, which can lead to gastritis which can lead to vomit.

1.Give him a proton pump inhibitor like rabeprazole and a prokinetic agent like domperidone.
2.Also tablet ondansetron which is antiemetic agent meanwhile.
3.Also it is advised to take small and frequent meals instead of taking full meal at time.
4.Avoid fatty meals and don't lie just after meals there should be a gap of 2 hours between meal and sleep

If he is not relieved with above advise then visit a Gastroenterologist who may advise endoscopy examination to diagnose the problem

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon