Have vitiligo on skin, did UV therapy. Patches are stable. Thinking to go for cosmetic treatments. Suggest?

Question
i have vitiligo on my skin for last 15 years (small patch on eyes, on back, on palm, on knee). I did UV therapy for 4 months. Meanwhile my patches are stable now for last 1 year.I am thinking to go for cosmetic treatments now. Please suggest which technique is best. Should I go for normal plastic surgery on eyes?
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Surgical treatment for vitiligo is done for people who are not responding to any medical treatment or if it is causing serious psychological stress to the person.
Ther are specialised surgical techniques like tissue grafting or cellular grafting can be done and it has to be decided by a plastic surgeon.
You must consult a plastic surgeon and explore the best option for you.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Have vitiligo on skin, did UV therapy. Patches are stable. Thinking to go for cosmetic treatments. Suggest? 21 minutes later
hello sir,

Just wanted to know is there any disadvantage of doing plastic surgery?
Does it leave scars behind ?
Are there any side effects of doing this?

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 minutes later
The chances of hyperpigmention or incomplete pigmentation or rejection of graft can take place with surgery.
Thanks