Ask a Urologist   »  

Have visible blood in urine. Passing red urine. Fatigue after eating. No abdominal pain.

Jul 2016

Yes Please, I have visible blood in my urine. Now I notice that I am also passing some kind of matter that is visible in my pink to red urine. I am 60 years old. Other symptoms include fatigue and especially after eating.

I have of course read the many possibilities. There is no pain when urinating and no noticeable abdominal pain.

Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to infection .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you are passing blood in urine (Macroscopic Hematuria)since very recently.

Passing XXXXXXX blood in urine is an alarming symptom and needs to be investigated thoroughly to find out source of bleeding.

Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical evaluation and following investigations under his guidance.
1) Routine urine test and urine culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen.
3) Complete blood coagulation profile.
4) C.T scan of the kidney and urinary system.
5) Endoscopic examination of bladder.(Cystoscopy)

Further treatment will depend upon results of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you