Have very dry mouth. Tried dry mouth spray. Can passive smoking be the reason for dry mouth?

Question
HI I AM 63 YEAR OLD FEMALE WITH VERY DRY MOUTH, THE ONLY TIME IT DOSN'T FEEL DRY IS WITH A MOUTH FULL OF WATER,HAVE TRIED DRY MOUTH SPRAY ,ONLY LASTS 5-10 MIN. I AM VERY HEALTHLY HAD BLOOD TESTS AMONTH AGO ALL GOOD.RUN OUR OWN BUSINESS NEVER BEEN SICK BUT IN THE LAST 5 MONTH WE HAVE A NEW MECHANIC WORKING FOR US, WHO IS A HEAVY SMOKER,IS THIS A POSSIBLE REASON,THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK OF. XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
There is a long list of causes which can result in dry mouth in a person.
I would need certain informations from you so that I am in a better position to reply your query.
Are you taking any type of medication or medications and if yes,please give me the details about it?
Are you suffering from any medical condition like hypertension,diabetes,Parkinson's disease,Alzheimer's disease,anemia,any autoimmune disorder etc?
Did you undergo any surgery or any radiotherapy in head and neck area?
Do you have any problem related to teeth or gums?
Are you living in very hot or humid conditions which result in excessive sweating?
Have you consulted any doctor for this problem?
Any nasal or sinus problem?
Do you sleep with your mouth open?
Any habit of chewing tobacco?

Waiting for your reply.
Passive smoking by the mechanic should not be the cause for dry mouth,although active smoking can definitely be a reason.
Thanks